I never trust my memory all that well, particularly if verbal communication is involved. Presentations are less terrifying than they used to be but they’re still my least favourite activity. It always helped to hear that content is more important than how you present as a person, within reason I suppose.
- Build a memory palace
- Use mind maps
- Remember the importance of focusing for 8 seconds, uninterrupted.
- Use the 20-20-20 rule. Go over the material for 20 minutes and then repeat twice more.
- Rehearse out loud.
- Record your presentation. Now you have an auditory memory aid as well as a visual one.
- Improve your working memory.
- Practice to music. I always thought that my addiction to music was a weakness of mine. Maybe there’s more to it.
- Practice before bedtime.