We were questioning the level of cartoony to realism that our designs have so far. We had agreed that we liked the character design in Le Gouffre (blogged about here: link) so I thought it would be worth while to study the proportions of the characrers’ faces in this. It might also be useful to reverse engineer a 3D model into a simplified 2D concept so as to see how our own 2D concepts will translate into 3D. This is sometimes difficult to imagine for me.
These studies might not be exact due to perspective in the screenshots. I did learn that the eyes are not as big as I expected even though they are still large and appealing. I also realised that I was constructing heads with the ears possibly in the wrong place so I need to reconsider how I go about doing this.