My notes from Keith Lango’s VTS 2: Creating Good Poses Part 2.
- Flow lines: All parts of the character work together to create the pose. We might focus on the face but we should also feel the body language. Draw the viewer’s eye to the character’s face or to another focal point.
- Don’t force the silhouette if it breaks the flow lines i.e don’t have unnecessary elbows sticking out. Whatever your character is holding is part of them so work props into the flow line.
- Flow can lead the viewer’s eye through more than one point.
- Tilt the head: adds life, weight and accentuates line of action.
- Twist the body and distribute the weight unevenly: