I came across this video when I was looking into sustainable design and some technology inspiration. Some points might be worth looking into for our building.
- ‘Cities would descend into anarchy in less than 48 hours without a constant supply of food, energy and clean water.’
- Canals, railways, roads etc are needed for supplies.
- Stacks or pyramids of artificial fields could provide food all year round.
- Wikipedia: Hydroponics is a subset of hydroculture and is a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, in water, without soil. Terrestrial plants may be grown with their roots in the mineral nutrient solution only or in an inert medium, such as perlite or gravel.
- Green energy ideas: solar cells and rooftop wind turbines, methane power plants fueled from domestic rubbish, piezo-electric paving slabs that generate electricity from our footsteps, hydraulic plates in road surfaces that generate power from vehicles driving over them.
- We need to use fresh water more efficiently.